Mira Law Group Attorney Stanley Radtke’s appeal of a BIA decision, which he spearheaded as an Associate with his former employer, was ruled upon by the Ninth Circuit in an En Banc opinion. The Court affirmed Stanley’s argument, in part, by overruling the BIA rejection of Petitioner’s claim because he failed to prove that internal relocation was impossible. The Court ruled that neither the Petitioner nor the government should bear the burden to prove that internal relocation is impossible, when considering a non-citizen’s claim for withholding of removal pursuant to the Convention Against Torture. Rather, to the extent that internal relocation is an issue in the case, the Immigration Court should consider it when determining whether it is more likely than not that the Petitioner would be tortured if removed.
9th Circuit En Banc Decision Affirms, In Part, Attorney Stanley Radtke’s Appeal of BIA Decision in Maldonado v. Holder
- Message from the Mira Law Group regarding COVID-19- Mensaje de Mira Law Group sobre COVID-19:
- Court Says Otherwise Eligible TPS Recipients Can Adjust Following an Unauthorized Entry
- Si usted tiene TPS y una Visa Disponible, puede ajustar su estatus migratorio a Residente Permanente.
- Mira Law Group Secures Victory at the Ninth Circuit, Client is Released From Prolonged Immigration Detention
- On September 15, 2015, Stanley Radtke Argued before Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on Behalf of Mira Law Group in Najarro-Portal v. Lynch
We understand the importance of protecting our community through these challenging times. Because of this the Mira Law Group is open and offering contact-free services…
Last Friday, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals issued a precedent decision that will open the door for undocumented immigrants with Temporary Protected Status (TPS)…
Si usted tiene TPS y una Visa Disponible, puede ajustar su estatus migratorio a Residente Permanente.
El 31 de marzo de 2017 el Tribunal de Apelaciones de los Estados Unidos para el Noveno Circuito publicó una nueva opinión publicada en Ramírez…
Mira Law Group Secures Victory at the Ninth Circuit, Client is Released From Prolonged Immigration Detention
In an unpublished decision, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed both lower court decisions denying relief to our client, who had been held in…